For a deep, long-lasting stain, please follow the instructions below.
Before your appointment:
- Exfoliate the area you wish to have the henna applied– this will remove excess dead skin cells ensuring a longer-lasting stain as the henna will be absorbed by younger skin cells that are not as likely to shed just yet.
- Avoid lotions/moisturizers/oils just before your appointment as they may create a barrier between your skin and the henna paste, reducing the amount your skin can absorb. If you moisturize heavily/daily it is recommended you refrain from doing so in the desired area for several days prior to your appointment to avoid skin being saturated by lotion/oils/etc. thus allowing for more henna to be absorbed resulting in a deeper, longer-lasting stain.
- ANYTHING YOU PUT ON YOUR SKIN PRIOR TO YOUR HENNA APPLICATION MAY ACT AS A BARRIER EFFECTING YOUR STAIN- INCLUDING GETTING A SPRAY TAN.
After your appointment:
Before removing paste:
- Keep paste on as long as possible(at least 8-12 hrs recommended)
- After paste has dried, apply a lemon sugar sealant if desired
- Practice careful movements
- Keep warm – this will help with further dye release
After removing paste:
- Avoid washing off paste with water- instead, scrape it off
- Avoid water for at least 8 hours