For a deep, long-lasting stain, please follow the instructions below.
Before your appointment:
- Exfoliate the area you wish to have the henna applied– this will remove excess dead skin cells ensuring a longer-lasting stain as the henna will be absorbed by younger skin cells that are not as likely to shed just yet.
- Avoid lotions/moisturizers/oils just before your appointment as they may create a barrier between your skin and the henna paste, reducing the amount your skin can absorb. If you moisturize heavily/daily it is recommended you refrain from doing so in the desired area for several days prior to your appointment to avoid skin being saturated by lotion/oils/etc. thus allowing for more henna to be absorbed resulting in a deeper, longer-lasting stain.
- ANYTHING YOU PUT ON YOUR SKIN PRIOR TO YOUR HENNA APPLICATION MAY ACT AS A BARRIER EFFECTING YOUR STAIN- INCLUDING GETTING A SPRAY TAN.
After your appointment:
Before removing paste:
- Keep paste on as long as possible(at least 8-12 hrs recommended)
- After paste has dried, apply a lemon sugar sealant if desired
- Practice careful movements
- Keep warm – this will help with further dye release
After removing paste:
- Avoid washing off paste with water- instead, scrape it off
- Avoid water for at least 8 hours
If you experience a failed staining process Minneapolis Mehndi & Henna will offer a reapplication session at no additional cost for the design once. You must travel to the artist or pay a travel fee. If this reapplication appointment is missed (late by 10 minutes or more) you may not reschedule or book another reapplication appointment but are still welcome to visit a Minneapolis Mehndi & Henna booth at any public event to to have your design redone within one calendar year of your original date of application. Details on upcoming public events may be found on our calendar or follow our Facebook and Instagram for updates.